The High Point of 19th Century Exploration: Henson
is a charming, earthy writer who takes you with him across the
Arctic Ocean to the North Pole.
Josephine Peary—the first woman arctic explorer. She was a
delightful writer whose intelligence, wit and cultural sensitivity make
this an enduring classic.
I publish Matt's biography because it is such a marvelous read.
The only official biography; written with Henson in 1947.
NEW 2005 EDITION
My father wrote
this biography with Henson in 1947. He often said that "Henson was a great man"
with my Mother adding—"and
a great spirit!"
Donate a copy to your local school or
local library...A great
• Not sold in stores.
• EXPANDED VERSION with 200 photos and maps.
• First ever chapter by chapter index helps you find
events in this 281 page edition
• Bonus features for teachers and researchers: A 9-page condensed version highlighting the key
dates, events and quotes for each chapter. First ever
reprint of the remarkable 20-page 1915 speech by Congressman
Fess: The Polar Aftermath about the antics of Dr.
Cook and praise for Henson & Peary's achievement.
• Easy to read 12 pt. Garamond type, tape-bound spine, clear
plastic sheets protect front and back page color artwork.
• Premium grade laser paper, acid free, excellent contrast
for high resolution B&W photos.